107 Sites, 68,729 children, 4,265 teachers
Good health starts early in life. And elementary school is a formative time when all kids should have the chance to be active and try healthy foods – not only to fuel their development and focus, but their confidence and interest in choosing healthy habits throughout their lives.
HealthMPowers offers a comprehensive, multi-year approach to building a culture of health that brings fresh nutrition and physical activity experiences – and empowering messages – to elementary school students and their families.
Results from our annual survey of Health Empowered elementary schools reveal:
- 14,449 students had more physical activity opportunities provided during the school day
- 13,298 students had greater access to drinking water at school
- 1,822 students were given improved healthy menus at school
Empowering Healthy Habits
- 45% of students were in the healthy fitness zone for aerobic capacity
- 56% of students consumed 2+ fruits per day, compared with 40% of students nationally
- 26% met vegetable consumption recommendations of 3+ per day, compared with 7% nationally