Learning Management System Specialist
HealthMPowers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering children to have healthy habits and transforming environments where children live, learn and play. With a strong 20-year track record, a variety of funding sources, and well-developed partnerships with government agencies, civic organizations, school systems and others, HealthMPowers is poised for continued success in improving healthy eating and physical activity of children to impact future health, academic success as well as economic and national security.
By integrating nutrition education and physical activity into settings where children spend their time (schools, childcare centers, and after-school programs), the organization creates a culture that supports lifelong healthy lifestyle choices for children, staff, families and communities. Using the evidence-based guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HealthMPowers has a proven track record of improving health knowledge, behavior, physical fitness and environments for sustainable health improvements in low-income communities.
The Learning Management System Specialist is responsible for overseeing and implementing the Learning Management System and assisting in the development of high-quality virtual training programs for Early Care Centers, K-12 School settings, Out of School Time Settings and Communities.
JOB TITLE: Distance Learning Coordinator
EMPLOYER: HealthMPowers, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Technology Director
SALARY RANGE: $47,000- $54,000 base salary + Competitive Benefit package
- Assists the Director in executing strategies and plans for online learning
- Oversees participant enrollment and inquiries in the Learning Management System (LMS).
Publish and test modules, ensures accurate course placement, audience assignments, tagging and scoring.
- Assist in development of LMS course dashboards using best practices.
- Maintain day to day changes in course modules.
- Develop training resources and facilitate staff training on the learning management system.
- Assists in the creation, delivery and evaluation of online trainings, modules and lessons focusing on continuous improvement.
- Trains setting leaders and virtual learning staff in the use or support of virtual learning applications and best practices.
- Collaborates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of instructional technology materials and software.
- Assesses distance-learning technological needs and goals and creates plans for improvement including budget, equipment replacement and quality assurance.
- Prepares reports summarizing virtual learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Creates and maintains web sites or platforms that support virtual learning programs.
- Makes recommendations on future improvements to content management, workflow processes, and user applications.
- MCoordinates and collaborates with HealthMPowers setting leaders to implement engaging and effective technology-infused virtual/on-learning learning opportunities within their settings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or advanced education.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Instructional and/or Assistive Technology delivering and integrating technology in instructional programs for PreK-12 students.
- Experience in K-12 instructional design.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with all of the following platforms:
o Canvas LMS
o Articulate 360 Authoring Tool
- Ability to teach, coach and mentor in a virtual setting
- A commitment to producing high quality and detailed work
- The ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work well independently while collaborating with others on meeting common goals
- Ability to evaluate technology advancements
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with under-performing schools (preferred)
- Ability to adapt and respond successfully to change
- Ability to lift/push/carry/maneuver items up to 25 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HealthMPowers® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.