Virtual Learning Coordinator
HealthMPowers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering children to have healthy habits and transforming environments where children live, learn and play. With a strong 20-year track record, a variety of funding sources, and well-developed partnerships with government agencies, civic organizations, school systems and others, HealthMPowers is poised for continued success in improving healthy eating and physical activity of children to impact future health, academic success as well as economic and national security.
By integrating nutrition education and physical activity into settings where children spend their time (schools, childcare centers, and after-school programs), the organization creates a culture that supports lifelong healthy lifestyle choices for children, staff, families and communities. Using the evidence-based guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HealthMPowers has a proven track record of improving health knowledge, behavior, physical fitness and environments for sustainable health improvements in low-income communities.
The Virtual Learning Coordinator is responsible for developing a high-quality virtual training program for Early Care Centers, K-12 School settings, Out of School Time Settings and Communities.
- Coordinates and collaborates with HealthMPowers setting leaders to implement engaging and effective technology-infused virtual/on-learning learning opportunities within their settings.
- Oversees the creation, delivery and evaluation of online trainings, modules and lessons focusing on continuous improvement
- Designs high-quality instructional training and learning experiences on-line
- Trains setting leaders and virtual learning staff in the use or support of virtual learning applications and best practices.
- Collaborates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of instructional technology materials and software.
- Assesses distance-learning technological needs and goals and creates plans for improvement including budget, equipment replacement and quality assurance.
- Prepares reports summarizing virtual learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Creates and maintains web sites or platforms that support virtual learning programs.
- Reviews virtual learning content to ensure use of best practices and compliance with copyright, licensing, or other requirements.
- Monitors new technology products or services for online learning programs and recommends appropriate platforms.
- Maintains an inventory of all virtual learning equipment and summarizes equipment usage data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education or advanced education.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in Instructional and/or Assistive Technology delivering and integrating technology in instructional programs for PreK-12 students.
Background: Experience in K-12 instructional design.
- Ability to teach, coach and mentor in a virtual setting
- A commitment to producing high quality and detailed work
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work well independently while collaborating with others on meeting common goals
- Ability to evaluate technology advancements
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with under-performing schools (preferred)
- Ability to adapt and respond successfully to change
- Ability to lift/push/carry/maneuver items up to 25 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.